Tuesday, November 9, 2010

WHOOOOO!

Apologies to my my previous pattern's owner, I just couldn't get behind the button or the non-reversibleness or how skinny it was (which may have been my fault). The deconstructed cardboard cozy worked like a charm. I did hit a few snags, such as being so excited that I didn't properly sew my hole-for-flipping-right-side-out. So, in response to said hole on the inner polkadotted side, I created what was supposed to be my 'button'--a nice piece of diversion on both sides.


However, I was super worried that I would make it too small, and I haven't figured out how to sew loops yet without scrunching everything up, so it turned out too big--which is AMAZING. It is like a little mitten for your hand, like a soft handle. Not that I would carry my cup by it or anything, but it makes my cup feel way more mug like.

Milo was excited for the photo shoot. I'm sorry for the MacBook photos; my Posterous account doesn't seem to be wanting me to post my iPhone photos (which are much much better).

I am hoping to be able to make another, sans awkward, but warm, strap, to give to a friend tomorrow.

THINGS ACCOMPLISHED:
1. learned to rethread the bobbin in a reasonable amount of time.
2. learned to rethread the needle.
3. learned that rushing creates crappy things.
4. AND I MADE MY OWN PATTERN!

No comments:

Post a Comment